Hi, I’m Andreas Ritzer and I’ve decided to start a blog. I was recently given some good advice to start a blog from someone with much more experience than me. I’ve been working in academia as a geophysicist for a while now and I didn’t realize the world has stopped really caring about resumes and CV’s.
So, I’ll be posting some things I’ve learned about math, geoscience, programming, and some links to code I’ve written that will be stored on GitHub. I’ve done most of my programming in MATLAB and FORTRAN, but I’ll also be posting Python and C++ code to help make myself more marketable.
- Essential Matlab for Engineers and Scientists, Fourth Edition (topoldmovies.wordpress.com)
- The homogenization of scientific computing, or why Python is steadily eating other languages’ lunch (r-bloggers.com)
- Parallel Computing: Introduction to MPI (bioinfomagician.wordpress.com)
- Why Python is Better than Matlab for Scientific Software (metarabbit.wordpress.com)
- Introduction to Computer Programming and Programming Languages (computerstech01.wordpress.com)
- pymatlab 0.2.2 (pypi.python.org)
- High Level Progamming Languages (cowputing.wordpress.com)